www.lesliemargolis.com
Girl's Best Friend by Leslie Margolis
Vanishing Acts by Leslie Margolis Boys Are Dogs by Leslie Margolis Girls Acting Catty by Leslie Margolis Everybody Bugs Out by Leslie Margolis
Other Writing by Leslie Margolis Author Visits news about

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I LOVE BEING ON BOOK TOUR!

Week one of my tour was a blast! Thanks to everyone who came out to see me at Book Court, Hooray for Books, Children’s Book World, B&N and Politics & Prose.

I visited a bunch of schools while I was away and spoke to lots of energetic and inquisitive 4th and 5th graders. Here are some of my favorite questions (and comments) from the Q&A:

Do you ever get writer’s block?

How many people does it take to make a book?

What inspires you?

Are your characters based on real people?

Did you get to draw your cover?

My mom’s name is Leslie.

Are you rich?

I was going to buy your book last week but I was only allowed to buy three books that day.



I also sat a few seats away from a six-year-old and his dad before one reading and was lucky enough to overhear the following conversation:

Kid: Is she a famous writer?

Dad: I don’t know.

Kid (after glancing at me again): Well, she can’t be that famous. She doesn’t have a bodyguard.

Indeed!

Oh – and a three-year-old at Book Court asked me, “Why do you write?” Profound.

Next week I’ll be in Exton, PA and Kingston, NY. Specifics coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home